Hope Congregational Church is part of the United Church of Christ, a mainline Protestant denomination. Our congregation is made up of people from all walks of life – diverse social, cultural, ethnic and racial backgrounds and orientations – who are eager to share in a meaningful spirit-filled worship experience.
- Our worship service starts at 10:00 am on Sundays. Included in our order of worship are Scripture readings, prayers, hymns, choir anthems, a sermon, and a time of offering. The sanctuary is air conditioned, and accessible by chairlift.
- Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of every month and on special occasions in the life of the church. All are welcome to receive, and the eucharist is always non-alcoholic.
- An opportunity for coffee and conversation follows the service.
- All children are welcome to the sanctuary at the beginning of the service in order to participate in Storytelling Time, after which they leave for their Sunday School classes.
- Infant and toddler care is available 15 minutes prior to worship in the well-supplied nursery. Children are always welcome in worship, and our pastors are accustomed to preaching accompanied by the joyful noise of children.
- Sunday School includes children ages 3 through 12th grade during the worship service, September-June.
- Since Hope has an informal atmosphere, attire for worship need not be formal.